Perfect for your next party, these will fly off the table. Ellensue Spicer of the creatively named www.menupause.info Website provided the recipe for this sweet treat.
1 hour, 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Oil two jelly roll pans or cookie sheets and set aside. Also, add warm water to raisins and allow to soak for about 15 minutes. Drain and place raisin water in a small pot and bring almost to a boil.
2. In the meantime, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
3. Add oil a little at a time and mix with a fork until pebbles form.
4. Next, add heated raisin juice from drained soaked raisins, and combine well until a ball forms.
5. Divide the dough into three balls. Roll out each ball onto a floured surface.
6. With a rolling pin, roll out into a circle, the size of a small pizza. Next, spoon on some jam to about one inch from outer edge. Add some raisins and chopped nuts, about one tablespoon of each. Don't use too much, because you don't want the contents oozing out.
8. Cut the dough into wedges, the way you would a pizza, and roll each one up carefully. Place on lightly oiled cookie sheet(s) and bake at 350 degrees until the top is slightly brown. (You can brush some extra oil on the tops for a glaze before baking.)
You may use any type of berry jam.