Do you have sweet memories of Jewish brunches overflowing with bagels, cream cheese and lox? Never in your wildest dreams did you think you could veganize lox? Well, now you can! This delicious recipe is filled with smokey flavors and will quickly transport you back to your childhood without harming any animals!
Carrot Lox Directions:
1. Peel carrots (optional).
2. Slice in half short-wise, trim ends off.
3. Line a skillet with ¼-cup water.
4. Add carrots, cover, and bring to a boil.
5. Continue to cook until a fork easily pierces through, but it's still firm and not mushy, about 5-10 minutes.
6. Immediately rinse under COLD water.
7. Cut carrots into long, thin strips or use the slicer of a cheese grater to slice off "ribbons."
8. Place sliced carrots in a bag or container and add remaining ingredients.
9. Mix to coat carrots well and marinate 1 hour or longer.
10. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake carrots @ 200F for 60 minutes, or until carrots are as firm or dehydrated as you like (optional).
Click here for our Cream Cheese recipe!
Assembly Directions: Toast bagels (optional). Spread Cream Cheese on bagels and top with Carrot Lox, red onions and capers, if using.