This easy-to-make stir-fry is a delicious dinner you can whip together any night. This meal combines a variety of healthy ingredients into one dish that everyone will enjoy. Blogger, Leslie Cook, went from vegetarian to vegan after watching Jewish Veg's video of Alex Hershaft telling his story. Check out more of Leslie's recipes on her website Vegetating with Leslie.
1. Rinse and cook the lentils until just done, about 25 minutes. Set aside.
2. Wipe the mushrooms to clean, then slice them.
3. Wash and chop the greens. Mince the garlic.
4. Add 1 TB olive oil to a pan, then add the sliced mushrooms and pan roast until browned and liquid is evaporated. I periodically stir and push the mushrooms to the edge of the pan so the liquid moves to the center and evaporates more quickly.
5. Add the minced garlic to the mushrooms and saute a moment longer.
6. Add the chopped greens and saute until it softens some. If I use a “softer” green like spinach, I’ll add the lentils to the pan first, then the spinach at the very end.
7. Add the second TB of olive oil and the lentils, lemon juice and salt and saute until well blended.
8. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve.