East Coast Engagement Manager
Jewish Veg – an international nonprofit organization devoted to vegan advocacy in the continent’s Jewish community – is seeking a part-time or full-time East Coast Engagement Manager based in the New York metropolitan area to advance the organization’s rapid growth.
The East Coast Engagement Manager will primarily conduct outreach for Jewish Veg and implement programming in New York City and nationally, and will assist in fundraising as well. This employee is a respected member of the Jewish Veg professional team, providing input into strategic decisions.
- Plans and coordinates all facets of Jewish Veg events, particularly in the New York City area.
- Serves as lead liaison in all facets of operation of Jewish Veg’s New York City Chapter.
- Performs marketing and outreach for all programs in coordination with Programming staff. .
- Participates in creation and facilitation of new short- and long-term programs to promote the message of Jewish Veg.
- Gives speaking presentations as part of the Jewish Veg Speakers Bureau.
- Coordinates the Jewish Veg presence at festivals and other similar events and staffs the Jewish Veg table in the New York City area (and occasionally elsewhere).
- Represents the organization in written and oral communication with Board members, other Jewish Veg members, prospective members, representatives of external organizations, and vendors.
- Fulfills administrative duties and the duties of other staff members on an as-needed basis.
- Develops and implement a variety of revenue-generation efforts, focusing chiefly on the New York City area:
- Donor acquisition and cultivation.
- Major gift research and prospecting.
- Electronic fundraising campaigns.
- Foundation grants research and writing.
- Celebrity outreach.
- Creates print and online development materials.
- Helps maintain and augment the organization’s donor database.
- Plans and staffs fundraising events.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work long hours on a frequent but not regular basis.
- Willingness to travel to represent organization.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Absolutely mandatory: a passion for vegan advocacy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Event management and resource development experience desirable.
- Works remotely, but preferred consideration given to candidates in the New York City metropolitan area.
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to jobs@JewishVeg.org