Director of Member Engagement and Development
Jewish Veg – an international nonprofit organization devoted to vegan advocacy in the continent’s Jewish community – is seeking a full-time Director of Member Engagement and Development to advance the organization’s rapid growth.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Director of Member Engagement and Development will maximize the engagement of hundreds of Jewish Veg members in our organization’s work and increase both financial and volunteer support. In addition, this employee will develop and implement a variety of revenue-generation efforts while adhering to the highest ethical standards. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Develop and implement a variety of revenue-generation efforts, including:
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director to develop goals and budgets for all revenue streams.
- Create print and online development materials.
- Maintain and augment the organization’s donor database.
- Monitor results of revenue initiatives and prepare status reports at the request of the Executive Director.
- Participate in meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Gives speaking presentations as part of the Jewish Veg Speakers Bureau.
- Plans and coordinates all facets of some Jewish Veg events.
- Represent the organization in written and oral communication with Board members, other Jewish Veg members, prospective members, representatives of external organizations, and vendors.
- Fulfill the duties of other staff members on as-needed basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and in Adobe InDesign.
- Willingness to work long hours on a frequent but not regular basis.
- Willingness to travel to represent organization.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Absolutely mandatory: a passion for vegan advocacy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous Jewish communal experience, as a professional or volunteer, is preferred.
- Minimum two years of direct fundraising experience. Proven success in development areas of campaigns, donor cultivation, membership development, and grant writing.
Salary and Benefits
- 403(B) retirement plan with employer match.
- Health-care stipend.
- Paid time off for Jewish holidays.
- Salary negotiable, based on experience.
- Professional development and mentoring.
- Potential for promotion, based on performance and organizational growth.
- Works remotely.
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to jobs@JewishVeg.org