Director of Marketing and Communications
Jewish Veg – a nonprofit organization that is creating a kinder, healthier, more compassionate Jewish community – is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to solidify the organization’s rapid growth and advance engagement throughout the Jewish world. The director will strengthen the Jewish vegan movement through a combination of online and on-the-ground strategies to reach new audiences and grow our base of supporters.
About the Role
- Devise, design and implement marketing for all of Jewish Veg’s programs, initiatives, and goals.
- Conduct strategic planning for marketing and communications in the areas of content creation, storytelling, brand identity, social media management, email communications, market research, and fundraising.
- Develop concise, creative, and compelling campaign messaging that conveys the value of Jewish Veg’s offerings and simplifies complex ideas.
- Leverage analytics, user insights, research, and segmentation to develop optimal targeting strategies for social media, email marketing, and website.
- Create social media campaigns for upcoming events, planned series of posts, and lead captures. Write language for posts geared for each social platform.
- Design, implement, and track paid ads.
- Plan, write, design, and edit content for email marketing, including a monthly newsletter. Create strategy, templates, graphics, images, and language for mailers.
- Create graphics for all Jewish Veg materials, both national and regional, using Canva and, when appropriate, Adobe programs.
- Create, edit and/or manage short-form videos.
- Manage the digital marketing content calendar.
- Design a process and frameworks for consistent updating of website content to include all pages, events, recipes, and blogs.
- Manage brand identity and ensure all external communications adheres to it.
- Compile data and generate reports on social media metrics and other marketing initiatives.
- Collect and utilize community member testimonials.
- Collaborate with other staff members to shape the future roadmap of Jewish Veg based on organizational programming and fundraising goals as well as market trends.
- Give marketing-related presentations at board meetings when appropriate.
- Cultivate, solicit and steward a list of donors.
- Additional duties as needed.
What We Want to See in You
If you meet most but not all of these qualifications, please still apply. We recognize that excellent candidates might not always check every box. We are looking for alignment on values and experiences, not perfection.
- Strong passion for Jewish Veg’s mission, which means you're vegan.
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment with an eye toward continuous learning and iteration.
- 5+ years of marketing experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a role supervising, managing and/or training others.
- Compelling storyteller and audience advocate with a strategic mindset, excellent writing skills, and strong creative skills.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams, communicate effectively, analyze and tell stories with data, and collaborate across teams in a fast-paced context.
- Successful track record of working in diverse teams across multiple functions, with individuals from intersectional identities, varied backgrounds and abilities.
- Successful experiences in working directly with the Jewish community and/or vegan community.
- Exceptional visual/graphic design skills.
- Solid video production and editing skills.
- Experience using all of the main social media platforms.
- Experience using Wordpress or equivalent website editing platform.
- Experience using Canva or equivalent graphic design program.
- Experience with Adobe programs to include Photoshop, InDesign, and Premier Pro (or other film editing software) or other similar programs.
- Experience with MailChimp and Trello or similar email marketing systems and project management programs.
- Commitment to DEI&B principles.
The Benefits of Working for Us
- Be a part of an organization where you can grow, thrive, and strive to do and be your best, every day. We take our work seriously but we have a lot of fun while doing that. We are a team of highly supportive individuals eager to welcome another person into the organization.
- While we are a small organization, we are excited to be able to provide health insurance premium reimbursement up to $9,000 per year.
- Four weeks’ PTO and unlimited sick days.
- Paid bereavement leave and paid family leave.
- 7.5 paid federal holidays.
- 3.5 paid Jewish holidays.
- Sabbatical eligibility at 7 years tenure.
- 403b retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Shorter workday on Fridays.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Works remotely.
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to jobs@JewishVeg.org
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.