Jewish Veg – an international nonprofit organization devoted to vegan advocacy in the global Jewish community – is seeking a full-time, salaried employee to provide administrative support and program and project management to advance the organization’s rapid growth.
The Program Associate is a respected member of the Jewish Veg professional team, providing input into strategic decisions, and creating and facilitating programs. This employee deals with a diverse group of stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a large and complex workload.
More experienced candidates will be considered for a Program Manager position that, in addition to the functions described below, includes supervisory responsibilities and greater compensation.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, appointments, travel and speaking engagements.
- Designs fliers, Web pages, social-media memes and other content, using desktop and/or online publishing software.
- Plans and coordinates all facets of Jewish Veg events.
- Manages all aspects of Jewish Veg’s Veg Pledge program, including recruiting and assigning mentors and coordinating Vegan eCourse and Meatout emails.
- Manages transition to Challenge 22+ Pledge Program: creates content, works directly with Challenge 22+ staff, finds mentors, and executes program.
- Manages all facets of Jewish Veg’s Shopify site, including mailing merchandise, maintaining inventories, dealing with vendors, and updating the site.
- Coordinates the Jewish Veg presence at festivals and other similar events and staffs the Jewish Veg table.
- Gives speaking presentations as part of the Jewish Veg Speakers Bureau.
- Takes minutes at Board of Directors meetings and phone conferences and at other official meetings.
- Mails letters, brochures, DVDs, and membership benefits.
- Participates in creating content and managing Jewish Veg social-media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram.
- Creates content for the Jewish Veg Starter Guide.
- Adds recipes and other content to the Jewish Veg Website.
- Refines and executes Jewish Veg’s new Hillel partnership program. Creates content for program and serves as mentor to college students.
- Manages Jewish Veg’s partnership with Birthright. Coordinates all communications between Birthright and Jewish Veg as well as directly communicates with participants. Create Jewish Veg content for the trip as well as directly staffs trip or coordinates Jewish Veg staffing.
- Creates content and performs outreach for Jewish Veg's Vegan Options Always program.
- Solicits membership donations.
- Represent the organization in written and oral communication with Board members, other Jewish Veg members, prospective members, representatives of external organizations, and vendors.
- Fulfills the duties of other staff members on as-needed basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and in Adobe InDesign.
- Willingness to work long hours on a frequent but not regular basis.
- Willingness to travel to represent organization.
- Absolutely mandatory: A passion for vegan advocacy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous Jewish communal experience, as a professional or volunteer, is preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- 403(B) retirement plan with employer match.
- Health-care stipend.
- Paid time off for Jewish holidays.
- Salary negotiable, based on experience.
- Professional development and mentoring.
- Potential for promotion, based on performance and organizational growth.
- Works remotely.
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to jobs@JewishVeg.org