Media and Regional Engagement Manager
Jewish Veg – an international nonprofit organization leading a movement for a kinder, healthier, more compassionate world through plant-based food – is seeking a Media and Regional Engagement Manager to solidify the organization’s rapid growth across America and advance engagement throughout the Jewish world.
In our new virtual age of online engagement, while recognizing the importance of building local communities, this position will strengthen the Jewish vegan movement through a combination of online and on-the-ground strategies to reach new audiences and grow our base of supporters.
The Movement Building Manager is a respected member of the Jewish Veg professional team who will report to the Executive Director and be responsible for boosting our media presence, and fostering the growth of our chapters and local communities.
- Create beneficial collaborations and manage ongoing relationships with social media influencers, vegan chefs, and celebrities to bring our content to new audiences.
- Increase our social media presence as measured by the number of followers, email subscribers, and positive engagement across our channels on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Generate new content such as vegan recipes, whether in-house or via collaborative partnerships, for our social media platforms and on our website.
- Participates in creation and facilitation of new short- and long-term programs to promote the message of Jewish Veg.
- Gives speaking presentations as part of the Jewish Veg Speakers Bureau.
- Develop relationships in the press to generate earned media placements in broadcast and print publications.
- Create and implement a successful community engagement strategy that mobilizes new regions and partners with new organizations.
- Provide support and training to help volunteers build, operate and grow a local chapter or chapters.
- Utilize community building efforts to cultivate donors and generate new revenue streams to support our resource development work.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and online platforms such as G Suite, Mailchimp, and Canva.
- Track record of growing social media presence by thousands of followers.
- Experience building communities and cultivating donors.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Intimate knowledge and appreciation of the diversity of Jewish life and its traditions.
- Absolutely mandatory: a passion for vegan advocacy.
- Part-time. At least 20 hours a week. Exact number of hours negotiable.
- Works remotely, but preferred consideration given to candidates in the Midwest and South.
Interested and qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to jobs@JewishVeg.org
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We are also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.