Wednesday, October 2 - Pittsburgh, PA
Screening of "A Prayer for Compassion" and Interfaith Panel Discussion
- We will explore what religion says about eating animals from the Jewish and Christian persectives.
- Jeffrey Spitz Cohan, executive director of Jewish Veg, and Matthew King, president of the Christian Animal Rights Association, will present and answer audience questions.
- Dr. Brian Bonsteel, president of Humane Action Pittsburgh, will moderate.
- Vegan appetizers will be served. This event is held at Rodef Shalom Congregation free of charge. You can register here.
Sunday, October 6 - Poolesville, MD
Jewish Veg DC Chapter visit to the Poplar Springs Animal Sanctuary for the Annual Open House
- We will gather at 1 p.m. at the Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary for their annual Open House.
- The address of the Sanctuary is 15200 Mount Nebo Rd M, Poolesville, MD 20837.
- You'll enjoy a live band, delicious catered food, and visit the rescued animals.
- Please fill out this survey to confirm your attendance.
- Don't forget to indicate if you are able to take someone with you or would like to share a ride.
Wednesday, October 16 - Washington, DC
Sukkot Celebration and DC Chapter Launch
- Join community leaders for a special night to celebrate Sukkot.
- We will launch our official DC chapter as we unveil our new Jewish Vegan Holiday Initiative.
- The Initiative will demonstrate, year-round, just how joyful and meaningful Jewish holidays can be without animal products.
- Spend an evening celebrating the harvest festival with the growing plant-based community while learning about the connection between Jewish values and the plant-based lifestyle.
- Beautiful Sukkah reception under the stars to follow the formal program.
- You may purchase tickets and RSVP here.
Saturday and Sunday, October 19 and 20 - Kingston, NY
Hudson Valley Vegfest
- Jewish Veg will be tabling.
- Stop by to meet Jewish Veg staff and volunteers and to check out our swag, books, infographics and other material.
- Find out how you can get involved and support our mission of inspiring and helping Jews to transition to plant-based diets.
- The festival will be held at BSP Kingston, 323 Wall Street, Kingston, NY 12401.
- For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
Sunday, October 20 - Norfolk, VA
William & Mary Hillel
- Jewish Veg will conduct a Sukkot program at a vegan lunch
- Held at the William & Mary Hillel house
- Open to all William & Mary students