Friday, May 19 - Lahaska, PA
Buckingham Friends Meeting House
- Jewish Veg will be tabling at a free screening of the documentary "Peaceable Kingdom." Vegan snacks will be served.
- On Saturday, at the same location, the one-day Peaceable Kingdom Conference will be held, featuring several speakers.
- Buckingham Friends Meeting House, 5784 York Road, Lahaska, PA 18931.
- No RSVP is necessary for Friday's free film screening, but tickets are required for the conference: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/peaceable-kingdom-conference-tickets-34177370435?aff=es2
Friday, June 23, and Saturday, June 24 - Santa Barbara, CA
Congregation B'nai Brith
- Jewish Veg Executive Director Jeffrey Cohan will be delivering the sermon at the Erev Shabbat Service, which starts at 6:00 p.m. on Friday."
- At 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Jeffrey will be giving an hour-long presentation titled "Jewish and Veg: Why the Two Go Together." A potluck vegan dinner will follow.
- Congregation B'nai Brith, 1000 San Antonio Creek Rd, Santa Barbara, CA 93111
- The public is welcome to attend and is invited to both events.
Wednesday, June 28 - New York, NY
- "Christianity, Judaism and Animals: Is Religion the Problem or the Solution?" A discussion featuring Jewish Veg Executive Director Jeffrey Cohan and Fordham University Associate Professor of Theology Charles Camosy.
- The discussion will be moderated by Christine Gutleben, Senior Director of Faith Outreach for the Humane Society of the United States.
- Complete information and a link for tickets at JewishVeg.org/Religion-Animals
- JCC Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Ave., at 76th St., New York, NY 10023