Friday, January 3 - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Vegan New Year Shabbat Pop-Up
- Jewish Veg is collaborating with OneTable for a vegan Shabbat potluck.
- Please bring a vegan dish -- one that does not contain any animal products.
- To limit waste, please bring your own dishware, including a plate, cup and utensils.
- The event will be held at the Grind Coffee Project, 599 SW 2nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- To RSVP click here.
Friday, January 10 - Silver Spring, MD
Jewish Veg DC Vegan Shabbat
- Jewish Veg invites you to join our monthly immersive vegan Shabbat experience.
- The location is close to the Silver Spring metro, and parking is available on the facilities.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to the DC chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please find the details and get your tickets here.
Friday, January 17 - Montclair, NJ
Vegan Shabbat Dinner, Talk and Movie
- Bnai Keshet synagogue is holding a catered vegan, gluten-free Shabbat dinner, followed by a talk and movie screening.
- Jewish Veg Executive Director Jeffrey Spitz Cohan will be giving a short talk about the connection between religion and veganism.
- After dinner and the talk, Bnai Keshet will present a free screening of the documentary "A Prayer for Compassion."
- Bnai Keshet is located at 99 South Fullerton Ave., Montclair, NJ, 07042.
- Jeffrey's talk and the movie screening are free. Tickets are required for the dinner.
- To RSVP for the vegan Shabbat dinner click here.
Tuesday, January 21 - Washington, DC and streaming live on Facebook!
Veganuary 2020: Jewish Food Innovation for the Plant-Based Decade
- Veganuary is a global movement where people go vegan in January and beyond for their health, the animals, and the environment.
- This event highlights Jewish food innovation in the plant-based revolution that is set to explode this decade.
- You will enjoy delicious plant-based food from our panelists and local innovators in the DC area: Soupergirl, Shouk, Sticky Fingers, and PLNT Burger.
- And you will learn from inspiring plant-powered Jewish entrepreneurs, food bloggers, and thought leaders.
- Panel discussions will explore the connections between our food, health, social change, Jewish values, and the role of the Jewish community in the future of the movement.
- To RSVP for Veganuary please click here.
Friday, February 7 - Rockville, MD
Is Vegan the New Kosher?: A Tu b'Shevat Shabbat
- Jewish Veg is presenting about the connection between Judaism and veganism at a special Tu b'Shevat Shabbat.
- The event features services and a vegan Shabbat meal at The Jewish Studio located at the Bender JCC on 6125 Montrose Road, Rockville, MD.
- Sarah Newman, Chair of Outreach for DC Chapter of Jewish Veg, will be speaking at the event.
- Please RSVP here for the event.
Sunday, February 9 - Pittsburgh, PA
Herb 'n' Art: A Tu b'Shevat Celebration
- Jewish Veg is collaborating with four other organizations on a unique Tu b'Shevat event.
- The event will feature live music, vegan food, hands-on crafts and a panel dicussion.
- It will take place in the Aaron Courtyard of Rodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15221
- For more information, see the Facebook event page.
- Admission is free but donations are requested. To RSVP, go to RodefShalom.org/RSVP and scroll down to the event.